Information for Displaced Persons

Host Displaced Persons from Ukraine

Please consider hosting displaced persons from Ukraine in your home in the Los Angeles area. If you are interested in doing so, please fill out the form found here. is an independent platform connecting Ukrainian refugees with potential hosts and housing. Note: is a 3rd party site not affiliated with the Ukrainian Culture Center of Los Angeles.

Immigration Information

  • Information about border crossing outside of Ukraine can be found here
  • The process for providing assistance to families who are fleeing to border countries with the desire to come to the United States via an emergency visa is as follows:
    • A letter must be written to your district representative requesting assistance with the emergency visa process. A sample letter can be found here here and a list of district representatives and their contact information can be found here. The letter must contain the following information for each person requesting assistance:
      • Full legal name
      • Date of birth
      • Country of Citizenship
      • U.S. immigration status (is she/he a US citizen or have they filed an immigration petition or visa request)
      • Passport number or other identification number/s
      • Current location
      • Contact information (including an e-mail address)
      • U.S. citizen relative/friend contact information (including home address and e-mail address)
    • A request letter must be written to the consulate in Kyiv which has been since moved to Warsaw, Poland. A sample letter can be found here. This letter must be emailed to the consulate.
    • A letter of invitation must be written from you to your family. A sample letter can be found here. This letter must be emailed to your family.
    • A nonimmigrant visa application can be made at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate outside Ukraine. For information on application procedures at a specific Embassy or Consulate, applicants may visit that post’s website; a directory of post websites is available at MAKE AN APPOINTMENT at
    • Another alternative is to reach out to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). USCIS administers the application process for humanitarian parole, which is available at the USCIS website at

It is recommended that you go through ALL of the avenues listed above if you would like to obtain emergency visa’s for your friends and family. It is currently unclear how the State Department plans to handle the volume of requests that are sure to come.

If your family is already en-route to a border country please see the information below.

For information about immediate humanitarian assistance in Poland:

Almost all refugee cases in countries abroad are first processed by local authorities, in this case, the government of Poland. Please visit the government of Poland webpage for information about resources: This website provides the locations of official reception points along Poland’s border with Ukraine.

Additional information is available from the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) at, including information about non-governmental organizations that may be able to provide additional assistance.

In Warsaw, those seeking information on support from the Polish government can direct inquires to the Office for Foreigners (Urząd do Spraw Cudzoziemców):

– Taborowa 33, 02-699 Warsaw, Poland
– Koszykowa 16, 00-678 Warsaw, Poland
– Phone: +48 47 721 75 75, Email:


Ukrainian Culture CenterLos Angeles
​4315 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Phone: (323) 665-3703